Cycle Club Ashwell (CCA) membership is important in our mission to inspire and encourage cyclists to cycle more regularly regardless of age. The membership will allow you access to club riding over the surrounding area including: Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex, or even further afield plus access to a unique grass track riding circuit.
CCA Membership benefits:
- Access to group riding and learning the appropriate group riding skills
- Affiliation to a club to allow entry into cycling competition leagues for racing
- Discounted CCA club time trials rates
- Access to CCA UK and European cycle trips and events organised by the club
- Access to organised special annual rides in the club
- The CCA membership allows a reduced British Cycling membership fee (refer to the British Cycling website for more information)
- 10% Accessories and 5% bike discount at Trisports Bike shop in Letchworth
- Discount at other bike shops where they recognise club associations
The CCA membership costs are:
|Youth (Under 18 years of age)
If you are an existing British Cycling (BC) member, joining the CCA club will be very similar to buying any other product on their website. If you are not a BC member, you can still buy club membership but you will need to register your details with BC first.
Note that you DO NOT need to be a member of British Cycling in order to join Cycle Club Ashwell.
The CCA membership does not include bike or cycle insurance cover of any kind. CCA strongly recommends all riders (whether new or existing), to have the most comprehensive insurance possible when cycling. Both British Cycling and Cycling UK (formally known as CTC) offer such products.
British Cycling offers third party (public) liability insurance with an indemnity limit of £10m1 automatically, upon affiliation to British Cycling, to all non-profit making clubs, teams and associations in England other than school clubs. Clubs in Scotland and Wales and school clubs are provided with the same cover upon payment of the appropriate fee.
Cycling UK offers: £10m third party liability insurance cover to protect you on and off road2. Cycling UK state that: The third party liability insurance cover is there to protect you from a claim made by a third party, on and off road. With an indemnity limit of £10m it offers invaluable cover when you need it the most. Worldwide except USA and Canada.
Become a member of British Cycling today and enjoy peace-of-mind cover for taking part in club activities as well as a range of cycling discounts, deals and priority access to top events. New members joining British Cycling for the first time can receive discounted membership.
50% off Ride Membership
For non-racing club cyclists
Liability insurance and legal support for leisure cycling, club rides, commuting and sportives.
Use promo code NEWCMRD
£24 off Race Membership
For racing club cyclists
Liability insurance and legal support for racing, club rides, commuting and sportives.
Use promo code NEWCMRA
British Cycling member benefits include:
- 10% off clothing, parts and accessories at Evans Cycles
- 10% off orders over £99 at Chain Reaction Cycles
- 30% off SiS nutrition products
- 20% off at Muc-off.com
- Strava Premium free for 60 days.
- Up to 40% off Training Peaks Athlete edition
1. Correct at the time of publishing on the British Cycling website.
2. Correct at the time of publishing on the Cycling UK website.